This is a live stream of Skykomish, Washington, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
Actual start date: 6/5/18
Like the view and the trains? Come stay with us at the Cascadia Inn! http://www.historiccascadia.com/
Interested in the 7 1/2 inch gauge RR across the way? https://www.greatnortherncascaderailway.com/
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
This 360 camera is set to “auto IR mode”, so it will be black-and-white during the night, and color during daytime.
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first.
• Please keep personal details out of the chat. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Coming into chat for the sole purpose of asking for subscriptions (subs) or to blatantly promote your channel
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
Skykomish, WA, is located on BNSF Railway’s Scenic Subdivision, the former Great Northern Railway (GN) mainline between the Twin Cities and Seattle. Specifically, SKY is at milepost 1732.3, with the mileage measured from 3rd Street in Saint Paul, but subtract 11 miles due to the 1920’s-era (New) Cascade Tunnel.
Both an ATCS layout and 3 radio feeds are available.
Radio feed for the west side of Stevens Pass: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/28515
Radio feed for the east side of Stevens Pass: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/27968
Radio feed for Wenatchee: http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/254/301/
Amtrak’s “Empire Builder” between Chicago and Seattle/Portland passes this camera twice daily, once per direction, the westbound train #7 in the morning and the eastbound train #8 in the evening. This is the Seattle section of the “Builder”; the Portland section (trains #27 and #28) is removed/added at Spokane, WA. The “Empire Builder” is named after James J. Hill, the founder of the GN.
The engine on display across the tracks from the camera is former Great Northern (GN) SD9 #599, built by EMD in May 1958, and was 1 of 2 GN SD9’s equipped with dynamic brakes. Later renumbered to BN #6126, to BNSF #6126, to #1731, and then donated to Skykomish.
When’s the next train? Yeah, we get this a lot. You can figure out the next Amtrak passenger train with this handy link: https://www.amtrak.com/track-your-train.html
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 77 cams at 47 locations in 22 states and 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.