You are watching a live stream of Strasburg, Pennsylvania, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
Actual start date: June 15, 2019
Special thanks the Strasburg Rail Road Company for hosting this cam. Visit them on the web and check out their steam excursions, events and everything they offer: https://strasburgrailroad.com.
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
Broadcastify link: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/11736/web
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first. Off topic conversation such as music, sports, jokes, etc. is fine, but it must be kept in balance with on topic.
• Please keep conversations of personal issues (medical, domestic, legal, etc.) out of the chat; take it to messaging or email. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions. This is not an exclusive club, we try hard to ensure that our chats feel welcoming to anyone who drops by.
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Asking for subscriptions (subs)
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
Strasburg, Pennsylvania is located 62 miles west of Philadelphia. The Strasburg Rail Road has been in existence since 1832, and it’s the country’s oldest short line railroad. It offers steam excursions featuring engines 89, 90 and 475, with periodic excursions of Thomas and Percy. In September 2019, the legendary 611 will also have a 4-week run. Strasburg Rail Road continues to function as a short line, with railcar-to-truck transfer of grains, bulk feed additives, dry fertilizers, lumber, steel, bedding, and bio-fuel.
To the right of the tower, you can see the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania: https://rrmuseumpa.org/.
An additional camera is located at Leaman Place in Paradise, which offers 11-12 Amtrak Keystone Service trains a day, some NS Freight, and the turn around of the Strasburg Railroad excursions.
You can find the daily schedule of trains here: https://www.strasburgrailroad.com/ride/operating-schedule/
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 71 cams from 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships and more cams. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at email@example.com. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.