Despite a very particular style, the Trump administration’s foreign policy continues on many points the American withdrawal from World affairs which had started under Barack Obama. The main trends of thought of American foreign policy show this evolution, with the resurgence of non-interventionist and even nationalist ideas amongs DC think-tankers.
– Gordon Adams, Professor Emeritus of International Relations, School of International Service, American University
– Michael Lind, Visiting Professor, Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, The University of Texas at Austin
– Manuel Lafont-Rapnouil, Director of the Policy Planning Staff (Centre d’Analyse, de Prévision et de Stratégie), Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs of the French Republic
Moderator : Laurence Nardon, Head of Ifri’s North America Program
This panel was part of Ifri’s 18th Annual Conference on the United States, “One more year or 5 more years?” held on December 6, 2019.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel : http://bit.ly/29r5pOQ
Visit our website : http://www.ifri.org
Follow us on :
– Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/Ifri.Paris
– Twitter : http://twitter.com/IFRI_
– LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/company/ifri
– Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/ifri_paris/