On this episode of the Epoch Podcast, we discuss the future of employment when automation is set to take over almost 50% of current U.S. jobs sooner than most people realize, and why we think that’s ultimately a good thing.
Topics we get into:
• The surprising speed at which automation is taking jobs and how much bigger it is than most people realize
• Why this is potentially different than in the past
• Is “learn to code” really a solution?
• How the “pool” of employment evolves
• How minimum wage increases ultimately hurt employment
• The kind of culture automation promotes and the benefits it offers
• The cost to benefit ratio of increased efficiency with potential loss of human connection
• Are creative jobs safe?
• Why jobs are actually a bad thing
• Why Millenials are the right generation for these changes
• Why Universal Basic Income has merit
• Why big business is necessary for progress to some extent right now
• The downfalls of capitalism and moving toward a future based in collaboration
• How understanding of purpose and identity are evolving
• The potential of traditionally unpaid work becoming more valued
• The needed shifts in education
• Approaching it all as a threat or opportunity, with a mindset of abundance or lack
*Posts for this podcast*
Jen [not available]
Tico & Tina https://theepoch.org/how-to-prepare-for-the-exciting-prospect-of-a-future-without-jobs/
Joe Rogan/Andrew Yang podcast https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8
Life 3.0 https://amzn.to/2WZyrbS
Kai-Fu Lee https://youtu.be/ajGgd9Ld-Wc
Reinventing Organizations https://amzn.to/2Uz2Np9
Rise of the Youpreneur https://amzn.to/2P4o6Zz
Start with Why https://theepoch.org/start-with-why-simon-sinek/
Join the conversation!
Evolving Parent https://evolvingparent.com/
New Age Christianity https://www.newagechristianity.org/
Tico & Tina | The Liberation Collective https://ticoandtina.com